Tuesday, December 2, 2014

25 Days of BlogMas | Day 1

Hello world! 

Not only did today mark the first day of December but it also marked the first day of my take over a week. Besides waking up with the worst soar throat ever, I was anxiously excited to start the day. For the most part, because I've had other teaching jobs while completing my undergrad, I'm pretty comfortable being in a classroom. But, because this is the first time I've had one whole full week of full responsibility, I was a little nervous. 

I've been fortunate enough this semester to not only have a wonderful group of students but also have a wonderful group of support staff. This placement is by far my favorite and definitely solidifies that I should be a teacher; i'm in the right career field. Its going to be sad once December break comes and I have to say goodbye. 

All in all, I had a great first day of my take over a week. It was more that I could've asked for. Everything went smoothly, I didn't lose anyone, and all of the children seem to just really enjoy themselves; it was like any other day of the week in the classroom. 

Of course as soon as 2:30 hit and all the kids were dismissed I had to rush over to my real paying job at an after school program a few towns over, until 6 o'clock. Of course as soon as I got there my soar throat grew more painful. 

I genuinely enjoy my job and because of how my schedule worked out this semester, I could only be there three times a week. So, I'm actually looking forward to coming back in January full-time (Monday through Friday). It's a different set of staff, it's a different set of students, it's a completely different population but I love it just as much. 

We picked secrets today so there was a lot of excitement floating around amongst my coworkers.

You wouldn't believe how well we all get along. It's more like a family than it is a group of casual acquaintances that you work with. 

6 o'clock finally hit and we were free to go. I hopped on the highway and headed home. Then, I ate dinner with my parents and sat in my living room for about an hour and watched elf. That's when I noticed my stuffy nose and my headache; it was time to make some tea and take some Tylenol. 

Finally, around 9 o'clock, I couldn't take being downstairs anymore so I headed upstairs to my room, where I put on my pajamas and got into bed. Maybe some extra rest will help me fight this cold (hopefully that's all it is). 

All in all I think I had a pretty sweet first day of BlogMas. 

Now I just hope that I wake up tomorrow morning feeling a whole lot better! 

Until next time,
XOXO ines