Saturday, December 6, 2014

25 Days of BlogMas | Day 5

Happy Friday!

I've never been happier to say that.

This week was one of the most stressful I've had in a while. But thankfully it flew by!

First off, I woke up wishing I could bury my head back in my pillow. Sleep deprivation, stress and being sick finally all caught up to me. My stuffy nose was gone, but I had to deal with the worst cough all day. The medicine didn't even work either!

Thank goodness it was pajama day! My penguin pajama pants were just what I needed :-)

Although I was happy it was Friday, I didn't want the day to end. It was my last day of take-over week and I really enjoyed it; my students enjoyed it too, which matters even more.

I ended the day with an hour and a half of art. We created mittens and they came out fabulous! We were all so into the project, that once it started, I forgot to take pictures. I only took a few while setting up.  I'll have to take some more Monday. 

Then, off to work I went until 6pm.

Eventually, 6pm rolled around and it was time to go back home. YES! My co-worker (who is also a close friend) invited me out to a bar, but I was still feeling too sick and tired to go out.

When I got home, I found out from my mom that our heat was not working, so he house was freezing cold! (Someone is coming in the morning to fix it)

Well, I plugged in one of our little heaters, put on some music and sat on the couch. I ate 2 bowls of home-made Portuguese chicken soup, had a well deserved glass of wine and a handful of cashew nuts.

It was exactly what I needed!
But once I finished, I started thinking about everything I had done this week.

... I've been sick for 5 days.
... All I do is teach, work, and do homework!
... I had my stressful take-over week in the classroom.
... I haven't been sleeping well at night. 

I deserve a relaxing night! So I decided to take a long, hot amazing bath.

Last Christmas, my boyfriend Brendan got me a huge box full of LUSH products. I moved the heater to the bathroom, rummaged through the box, lit a candle, and picked out a bath bomb & bubble bar.

Once my bathroom was hot and smelled good from the candle, I let the bath tub fill with hot water. 

That's when I dropped in the bath bomb!

And I crumbled just a little bit of the bubble bar to add a few bubbles.

I sat in the tub for an hour and a half.

I was able to answer a lot of emails.
I was able to start writing this blog post.
I was able to make a list of the homework I had left to do.

I was also able to catch up on some of my favorite YouTubers,
like Rhett & Link from Good Mythical Morning and Josh from JoshuaDTV.

Most importantly, I was able to relax.

Although I didn't go out with friends, see Brendan, or have a few beers, I had an awesome Friday night!

Now that tomorrow is Saturday, I'm hoping I have something more interesting to tell you guys about!
My life is the same every day, so it can get a little boring.

Well, I'm off to bed. I can't wait to sleep in!
Stay Warm!

Until next time,