Friday, December 12, 2014

25 Days of BlogMas | Day 10

Hey guys,

I've been slacking so bad but I promise you didn't miss out on anything yesterday.

Every morning, before I go off to student teach, I had downstairs to my kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee. This morning, I was greeted by a lovely bouquet of flowers; the same ones Brendan gave me the day before. At that moment I knew I would have a good day. 

After enjoying my coffee while getting ready I went off to student teach. 

Nothing unusual happened all day, and I even got time to finish up my teaching portfolio.

When I got out after dismissal, I headed straight to work. They were short staffed and really needed me to be there as early as possible. 

Because I had been in such a good mood since the early morning I really enjoyed my time working in after school today. A lot of the students got picked up early because of the weather, so the ones who were there until 5:30 or more calm, quiet and focused. 

As soon as I got home I stuffed my face with leftovers and of course enjoyed ice cream! 

Afterwards, I started working on some assignments that I have due by the end of the week. I sat on the floor of my living room and had my laptop on the coffee table. 

Suddenly I felt overwhelmingly tired. 

I couldn't keep my eyes open, my head was droopy, and I just felt an overall sense of weakness. It was only 7pm! Last time I felt like this I took a nap for a couple hours, woke up at 11 PM, and finished my work by 1 AM. I had been getting up early all semester so I just thought that I was a little extra tired.

So I headed up to my room, grabbed a blanket and laid right on top of my bed... still in my work clothes.

I forgot to set an alarm for 11. Apparently I texted Brendan at 10:30 but I don't remember doing that. 

I didn't actually wake up til 12:30 am. At that point, I thought to myself "I'll just wake up at 6am". Of course I didn't set an alarm for this either. My regular alarm went off at 7 and I hit snooze til 8am. 

When I finally woke up, I realized I was still laying on my comforter under a blanket in my work clothes from the night before. 

I guess running around, being on my feet for 15 hours and staying up every night to do homework finally hit me. Being sick all last week, taking over the classroom and not sleeping comfortable didn't help either. I just couldn't function until I got a good, full night of sleep. 

And boy, did I! ... A whole 13 hours!

Until next time,