Thursday, December 25, 2014

25 Days of BlogMas | Day 23

Tuesday: December 23, 2014

Guys?!

Today was the last day of my student teaching placement. 

I laughed, hugged, cried and smiled. 

The kids had a holiday party today. Parent volunteers came in and helped with the sock snowman craft, which turned out super cute! 

What I was really surprised about was that I got a class gift presented by the parents. It really made me feel included and even more a part of the classroom. It also made it harder to say goodbye. 

At the end of the day, my classroom teacher and the aid, as well as the kids, presented me with a huge bag of books. 


They are the start if my own classroom library. It was the sweetest thing that they could have done! The bag is signed and decorated by each child. 

The other two first grade teachers also have me a small stack of books that they picked out, too. 


The sweet messages written inside and their generosity brought me to tears!

What you he's me most was something my classroom teacher said to me after all the children were gone. 

I made friends for life. Anything I need or any time I want to get dinner or visit, I just need to text. 

My teacher and aid have been the most wonderful me it's and people I've come across in my entire experience working for public schools. 

It warms my heart to know that being with them isn't permanently over. 

After an emotional dismissal, once again I headed to work. 

They were watching a movie when I got there so it was a pretty lazy afternoon. At that point I just wanted to go home. I was so emotionally drained I didn't want to be there. 

When I got home, I ate and went back out to shop. 

I made sure all my gifts were wrapped, and found Willie sleeping under the tree. 



I also made sure Brendan's gifts were ready to go. 

Later tonight, I hung out with Brendan and just relaxed in his arms. I'm so happy to finally be done! 

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve so I'm going to be going to Brendan's house to open gifts and eat dinner with his parents. 

Should be a great night! 

Until next time, 
XOXO Ines


No comments:

Post a Comment