Tuesday, December 2, 2014

25 Days of BlogMas | Day 2

Hi there world! 

I woke up again this morning as sick as a dog. My body is finally catching up with all the stress I've been putting it under;  I'm just glad my soar throat is gone. Now I have a stuffy nose and headache to deal with all day. I might not look sick, but I definitely am! 

Something is floating around amongst the first grade....


Day 2 of my takeover week went really well. My classroom teacher was out again so, although I love having her there and she is the best support system, it was definitely more relaxing to know that I didn't have her eyes on me the whole day as I taught. 

With the first day of December comes celebrating and learning about December holidays. 


Yesterday I introduced The Nutcracker advent calendar to the whole class. We opened window one and today we got to open window two. It took them until today to really understand how an advent calendar worked. 


I really love the one my classroom teacher has because it tells the story of the nutcracker over the 24 days of the advent calendar. Each window has a miniature book; so every day you find out more to the story. I love the concept!

After dismissal, instead of heading to work, I went home for a few minutes then drove to class. Class was the LAST thing I wanted to do today. I actually ended up leaving because I had a pounding headache and by this point, I was also much sicker!


As soon as I got back home, dinner was ready. My mom made steaks and I couldn't help myself; I had to dog in. At least I still have my appetite! 


Sadly, because tomorrow is my observation day, I had to write up my lesson plan and email it to my professor. Homework, or really any work, was the last thing on my mind. I wanted to be a couch potatoe until I was too sleepy to sit up straight 

It took me a couple of hours to write up my lesson plan. Between typing, watching Elf and procrastinating, it took way longer than it should have. But atleast I did it, right?!


Well I'm off to put pjs on and get in bed. I just took a big dose of night time cold medicine so I'm hoping it kicks in soon!

Try not to get sick!!

Until next time, 
Xoxo Ines 

No comments:

Post a Comment