Sunday, December 21, 2014

25 Days of BlogMas | Day 18

Thursday: December 18, 2014

Hi guys,

Boy, today was a long day.

I woke up this morning, made myself a cup of coffee, and headed over to my student teaching classroom.

Do you remember a couple weeks ago I was telling you about how my classroom teacher was out for a week and a half with pneumonia? Well the thing with pneumonia is you have it for about a week but because it's so physically draining, you're pretty much bedridden for three weeks. She still hasn't fully recovered.

Well, now she has a major sinus infection, so she wasn't in today. 

She is such a wonderful person and loves what she does so much that I feel awful for her. It's one thing after another and she can't shake any of them off.

Anyways, the highlight of my day was coming in the morning and seeing a pink decorated box where I usually keep all of my belongings. It was from one of the girls in my classroom. She made me an ornament and tied it to to a candy came.  She even wrote me a little card. The sweetest part was that her family will be a really nice message inside of the card too. 

To respect the family's privacy I've omitted their names.



I gave her a huge hug when I read everything and I opened my ornament and I told her that when I hung it on my tree I would make sure to take a picture and show it to her on. 

As soon as I got home I hung it on my tree. 

It fits in perfectly!! I can't wait to show her on Monday since I won't be there tomorrow.


After dismissal I headed over to work. It was a relatively easy afternoon at work until about 4:30. 

We kept all the younger children in one room so that my boss and a couple of the older kids could set up in the room next-door to the parent potluck. I'm so happy that I handed out reminder fires yesterday in English Spanish and Portuguese because the turnout tonight was absolutely amazing.

All the staff also got their Christmas gifts for our really big bosses over at central office. Usually they get us a water bottle of some sort but this year we got sweatshirts, which are so soft and warm. Awesome gift!


After work, I headed to tj maxx to shop for my secret Santa. In the morning all my coworkers are going out for our annual Christmas breakfast and exchanging gifts. 

I think I did pretty well. 

Stay warm! 

Until next time, 
XOXO Imes

No comments:

Post a Comment