Thursday, August 28, 2014

One Year Milestone | Anniversary




Brendan and myself celebrated our one year anniversary on March 14, 2013.

It was more than I could have ever imagined an anniversary to be.
 
It was amazing! 
 


 
 
My relationship with Brendan is the healthiest, most supportive and loving relationship I have ever
experienced.
 
To me, having an amazing one year anniversary was a minimal detail because the past 365 days with him had already been so amazing.
 
But, because I am such a people pleaser, when he did ask me what I wanted to do to celebrate, you could say I was a bit indecisive.
 
Usually, I tend to lean towards doing what others want to do as opposed to what I want to do because of just how much of a people pleaser I am. I put my desires to the side.

One of the things I love most about Brendan is that he wants to do what I want to do.
 
He will sit there until I finally speak up and tell him what I want to do; and I'm glad he does because he knows deep down inside I have an idea of what I want to do but I'll put his wants before mine.
 
 
I need someone like him in my life. 
 
 
What we eventually decided on was to get dressed up, get dinner in downtown Boston, go dancing and stay over night in the city. 

The night was more than I could have imagined.
 
 
...It was like something out of a movie...
 
 
He picked me up from work and we drove into the city.
 
When I walked into the hotel room he let me go first. There were rose petals all over the bed, champagne chilling in the corner and a gift perfectly placed in the middle.
 
 
#PrinceCharming
 
 
 

We quickly got dressed and headed over to what is now one of our favorite restaurants, Abby Lane.
 
Located in the heart of the theater district in Boston, I was taken over by the breath taking view and the lounge-like feeling. 

After dinner, we headed over to a place where everybody knew our names.
 
No I don't mean Cheer's!
 
I'm talking about the Bell In Hand on Union Street.
 
Over the past year of our relationship, Brendan and I would get drinks and dance the night away at the oldest bar in America.
 
Of course, it was a plus that at one point Brendan had about 6 best friends working the doors as bouncers.
 
Regardless, we knew that we wanted to head on over to 'our spot' to end the night.

After a couple hours of dance, kissing, laughing and drinking we walked back over to out hotel room and ended the night enjoyed strawberries and chanpagne and each others company
 

It's true what they say,
"when you know, you know..."
 

Until Next time, 
Ines xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment