Thursday, June 12, 2014

My First Time: Royal Caribbean Cruise! #tbt


Back in May of 2013, I had the privileged of going on my first cruise ever! 
It was amazing!! 


It was also my first time visiting the Caribbean. 

And, believe it or not, it was the first time I had ever taken a vacation with a boyfriend!


Coming from a conservative family, whose parents are older than most and are also immigrants, you could say I was extremely sheltered as a child. 

Now, I'm thankful because I know I have a better head on my shoulders than most people do. But, back when I was a teen, I couldn't see this.

I guess you could say my anxiety level was through the roof before I told them.

But, once I got enough courage to, their response shocked me. 
They told me to enjoy myself.
Wow.



Trust me, I did.

We spent a week aboard the Oasis of the Seas, the biggest cruise liner to date at the time.

We visited the Bahamas, St. Maaten and St. Thomas and enjoyed 7 days of full on sunshine.


When we were docked at the ports, we spend our mornings laying on the hot sand and swimming in the crystal clear ocean water.




On days where we were at sea, mornings were spent on the deck, laying under the caribbean sun.


During the afternoons, we would eat lunch on the ship.

Eating is one of the best parts of a cruise ship. It's all inclusive when you buy your 'ticket' so you can eat at any of the dining areas, anytime they are open, 
as much as you want without paying additional money on your trip.

That's my kind of living.


After lunch, we would either head back up to the deck or explore the ship. 


With 18 levels, an outdoor garden, a boardwalk, plaza and much more, there was always something to discover on the Oasis. 


We never spent any time in our stateroom.

We would only return to change our clothes or get ready for dinner.

This took me about 2 hours.

But without fail, each time we returned to get ready for dinner, the wonderful cleaning staff would leave us a towel animal. 

We loved our elephants!


To get ready for dinner each night,  showered, did my hair, and put on a full face of makeup.

I was also dressed formally pretty much every night.

But, that's just the way I am.

I could have worn sun dresses or jumpers for their semi-casual nights, but I enjoy being over the top.

You're on a cruise!
When else will you get the chance to dress up completely from head to toe 7 nights in a row?!
I took advantage of the oppertunity.

Formal nights were my favorite and me and Brendan could not pass up the opportunity to take a selfie to remember our vacation.

 


Right before dinner, Brendan and myself would also always meet up with his parents for a drink. 

Although drinks are not free on cruise ships, there were more than 30 bars for us to chose from over the course of our trip.



At dinner, you enjoy the finest of dinning and a full course meals. You can order as many of whatever it is you want from the menu.

If you don't like it, just send it back. It's okay.



After dinner, you were free to either roam around the ship, enjoy a show in the theaters, or one of the parties hosted by the cruise director.




The best part about a cruise, especially to somewhere like the caribbean in a huge ship is that there's always so much to do.


You'll never be bored.
You can relax when you want. 
You can eat anything anytime.
You can explore the ports.
You can enjoy time with your family.


It was one of the best vacations!


Until next time, 
Ines xoxo





















No comments:

Post a Comment