Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Go-To Daytime Makeup:

 "My Go-To Day Time Makeup Look"

I think that I enjoy being a little more glammed up during the day time at work or running errands than the average girl.This look takes no more than 10 minutes and requires very little makeup at all. I love this look because if I want to dress it up later that  night, all I have to do is add some black to the outer-v and change up the lipstick color.

On the eyes, I used 5 Makeup Geek Shadows on the lid, some eye liner and mascara. I used a little foundation and some bronzer as contour. Then, I added blush and subtle highlighter. Finally, I just grabbed a lip gloss, applied it to my lips, and set the whole look with Urban Decay;s setting spray. Before you know it, I was out to the door and off to work.

If you want to find out what I used to recreate this look, keep reading!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this look because you can easily use all the products, take some away or add a few more depending on how long you have to get ready, how many products you are looking to use and where you are going. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1) First I wash my face and pat it dry. Then I apply my daily facial moisturizer. My favorite is by Aveeno. Then I apply Benefit's Porefessional Primer. Although you can apply foundation right away, I like to give it a few minutes to settle into my skin.

*If you are in a rush or just looking for a minimalistic approach to applying your makeup, you can skip this step!




2) While the primer sets, I like to do my eyes. All 5 shadows are from Makeup Geek, my favorite!
- Start with #1 (Shimma Shimma) and apply it to the inner half of the eye.
- On a fluffy brush, take #2 (Latte) and apply it all over the crease as the blending color.
- Now use #3 (Bling) as the brow highlight. Don't worry we will go back at the end.
- Apply #4 (Bada Bing) on the outer half of the lid and as the outer-v color.
- Go back with #2 and blend the outer-v into the crease.
- Apply some more #1 to the inner half of the lid.
- Take #5 (Mocha) and with a clean fluffy brush, use this as the transition color between #2 and #4. Apply this to the crease, but don't blend up too much.
- Finally, go back to the brow bone with #3 and reapply it, making sure to be very light handed. I'll also dust some of #5 underneath my lower lash-line. 

*This look can be modified by either adding black to the outer-v to smoke up the look for a night out, or for a more simplistic look, you can use less than the 5 recommended shadows.
*Colors can also be swapped out, to make this a more pink, blue, purple etc look, depending on the type of look you want to achieve.



3) Next I apply some eyeliner to the lower waterline, and some mascara to the lashes. My favorite liner at the moment is Urban Decay's 24/7 Velvet Eyeliner, which I got in a sample size from Ipsy. After I coat my top lashes with Maybelline's Mega Plush and the bottom with Colossal Volume.



4) Now it's time for me to apply my favorite foundation! This foundation goes on my skin so smoothly and blends in perfectly. It doesn't make me look like a clown and looks so natural! I am in L'Oreal True Match color W6. It's great because it has sunscreen and I for me personally, it has medium/full coverage. I always apply this with my Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush. I use patting motions and never buff with circular motions. I have combination skin (random dry patches and some oily areas) and as soon as I start buffing some of the foundation will unpleasantly stick to the dry patches and it will look flaky. When I use patting motions with my F80, it never irritates the dry areas. It always looks flawless and smooth. I make sure to apply this over my ears with whatever is left on the brush and I also take it down my neck and onto my collar bones for an even blended look.




5) Typically, I use a concealer to highlight under my eyes and what not. But lately I have been using the Lorac Breakthrough Performance Foundation to do this. Now that it is summertime and I've been out in the sun, the color I have of my Lorac foundation is a little too light. So I take some and create triangles under my eyes and blend that down onto the tops of my cheeks and out, towards my temples. This creates a great highlight. whatever extra product I have on my finger tips I apply to the bridge of my nose, on my chin and also on the center of my forehead.





 6) Now that the whole face is taken care of, we can focus on the cheeks. I take my bronzer brush and apply The Balm's Mahama Mama to the contour of my cheeks, sides of my nose, as well as temples and top of my forehead.
-When I am contouring my cheeks, I usually blend the bronzer onto the cheeks and up to the temple, around the eye. Not only does this make the countour less 'BOOM' it also will blend nicely with the blush.

*Contouring is something I enjoy doing as part of my makeup routine, but of course it is not necessary, so feel free to skip this step!




7) Then I will go in with MAC's Melba blush and a giant brush. I first found out about this blush from Jaclyn Hill in her top 10 favorite blushes and boy was she spot on! This has been my go to blush for ALL my looks. I even decided to move it into my pallet for easy access!
-Sweep this heavy on the apples and buff it back along your bone.



8) Now, I take my Mary-Lou Manizer from The Balm and sweep it right under my eyes, along the top most edge of my cheeks. This looks absolutely beautiful when the light catches it.
-I also take some and apply it atop of my brow bone highlight.
-I also love to add this to the inner corners of my eyes

*Don't forget to buff your bronzer, blush and highlight together for a seamless, natural blend!
*Set with Urban Decay (or your favorite) makeup setting spray.



9) Apply your favorite lip product! In the picture to the left is BH Cosmetic's Galaxy Chic. On the Right is MAC's Snob. this look will also loog beautiful with a burnt orange lip, a nude lip or a cranberry lip. You can also rock your favorite Chapstick!!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The finished product:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if you wear glasses?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 








One of the reasons why I love this look so much is that I can still wear my glasses! 
 









I don't look like a clown trying to cover up my makeup with my glasses, and I also don't look like a hot mess, trying to compensate for lack of makeup with my glasses. 










 The makeup will still be noticed, and I can still see!












What's your favorite makeup product?! Share in the comments!


Until next time,
Ines xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment